Monday, April 5, 2010

Xabrina O. - Finding that Help Wanted Sign (Obtaining Employment)


I know that finding a job seems to be very hard, but I think that you have to believe if you try hard enough, you can do it. I'm currently looking for a job, and I've turned in what seems to be numerous applications. Yet, it has to do with how you present yourself. After making sure my resume was how I wanted it, I found some jobs that I was interested in online and I applied to them. Afterward, I went to turn in a hard copy of my resume along with a cover letter since I wanted to make myself stand out. While turning in my resume, I also searched for more applications to various stores. I took my time filling them out and when it came time to turn them in, I got dressed up to make myself look presentable and along with the applications, I attached my resume. I felt that due to how I presented myself, potential employers knew that I was serious about finding a job and spent more time discussing how the application and hiring process works. For those of you who may be looking for a job, don't get discouraged. Hope that you all find the tips in the presentation helpful and put them to good use.

7 comments:

  1. Th key is staying positive! Good information. Kept me interested and i like the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Powerpoint. It is really clear, that you put a lot of effort into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice power point, how do you do it? could you explain me?
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. Erika, I did the powerpoint using Google Docs. From there, you start a presentation and keep adding slides. You can also add pictures and certain font colors. After you are done, you click Share, I think and then publish. You then get a code to embed it. If you need any other info, don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good with the voice....now use more spaces between your thoughts to make it easy for the reader to identify different ideas in your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you came up with but it did get a little confusing to read.

    ReplyDelete