Monday, April 12, 2010

Communication all together!







Communication requires many different aspects of Professional Writing. This class should be required for this major. Knowing how to write a professional document is used in careers in Communications all over the world. People need to know how to write a professional document in order to communicate with companies around the world. My brother’s best friend majored in Communications and got his Master’s Degree as well. I plan to doing an internship with him before I graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University. As he explained to me what his job entailed, I noticed that there was a lot of writing he needed to do because he did not meet with the people that hired him. He would write documents to places that needed new computers and telephone lines in their already existing or new buildings. After communicating with these companies through professional letters and phone conversations, he would go to the building that needed these installments and install them. That is what he does for his career and it pays very well. He also travels a lot. I cannot wait to go with him and experience this myself during my internship. I speak with him regularly and told him about Professional Writing. He told me that he wishes he took a Professional Writing class while he was in college because it would have saved him a lot of time from learning how to write resumes and professional documents on his own. His job (and many other jobs that I may go into in the future) consists of a ton of things that I have already learned in Professional Writing.

5 comments:

  1. Try not to part it all in one big paragraph makes it difficult to read all at once. like your diagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plug for professional writing, Sean. Don't forget in your last post to include your name in the subject line and more white space (space between paragraphs to make it easy for your readers to read your message. Good luck on the internship!! Sounds fun. I was a speech/communication major in undergraduate school. The field has always attracted me.

    ReplyDelete